Inspired by a similar professional networking program that has been successfully running for the past year at a major studio, we created the Networking Circles initiative to help our larger M&E community make valuable new connections and expand their network.
How it works:
From the list of M&E Tech community members that attended our meeting, we will run our “Magic Match” algorithm to create networking circles made up of four individuals. Members assigned to a networking circle will then have the opportunity to meet and be introduced.
- In the next 2-3 days, you will receive an email with your “circle” assignment, including the names and contact information of the other three members
- The four of you in your circle must self-organize a meeting to be held within the next 2 weeks (by 9/25)
- Decide the method (Zoom, Google Hangouts, MS Teams, etc.)
- Decide the day/time (morning, evening, 30 min, 1 hr., etc.)
- Run the meeting, share your story, contact info, etc.
- At the end of the two weeks, we will send you a survey where you can provide your feedback and improvement suggestions
- You will then receive a new assignment and the process will start again
To make this initiative successful, each of you will need to commit their own personal time and effort. We are confident that if you invest the 30-60 minutes required for this exercise, you will create new connections that can help your career grow and/or you may be the means of helping fellow practitioners on their path.
If you have any questions, contact: [email protected]