From Adobe to Zendesk, more than a dozen MESA members are putting on events and webinars to kick off the month of October. And MESA itself will be gathering people for a party during the Unreal Fest in New Orleans.
Here’s what the MESA community has planned the week of Oct. 2-8, according to MESA’s global member e-calendar.
• SAP kicks off its SuccessConnect Las Vegas conference. Join a global HR community, along with inspiration, ideas, and solutions – all in one place to connect on what’s already working and to prepare for what’s next. Learn what organisations like yours need to move forward and see how you can ignite the potential of your total workforce in a changing world.
• RSG Media and Qvest invite attendees of the New York City Toy Fair to join them for breakfast at Zou Zou’s. RSG Media has teamed up with Qvest for an exclusive networking breakfast designed specifically for professionals in the consumer products, licensing, and toy industries.
• Wasabi and LucidLink present “Empowering Remote Collaboration in Higher Education with LucidLink and Wasabi.” The use of video in higher education has exploded. From the classroom to admissions, performing arts, athletics and beyond, more high-quality content is being produced on campus all the time. With budgets and deadlines always a concern, how can content producers leverage the cloud to stay ahead of the creative curve? Discover how easy it is to integrate your creative tools with Wasabi hot cloud storage and LucidLink Filespaces. This collaboration lets you edit videos from any location, team up with remote colleagues in real-time, and speed up final delivery of your product(s).
• SecureTheVillage presents the L.A. Cybersecurity Workforce Coalition working group meeting. The LA Cybersecurity Workforce Coalition is for employers, educators, government, nonprofits, and others with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce challenge. While focused on the greater L.A. area, including L.A. County, Orange County, and nearby communities, the coalition includes others with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce.
• MESA hosts an essential networking gathering for M&E executives attending Epic’s Unreal Fest 2023 in New Orleans. Presented by ICVR in association with The Scan Truck, this evening event looking over Bourbon St. at the Royal Sonesta hotel gathers the leading companies in M+E who are attending Unreal Fest. This event is complimentary for content holders and MESA members.
• “The Next Big Zendesk AI Drop” offers the latest news and announcements on Zendesk AI, including new generative AI capabilities and what it means for CX, EX, and data security. Register now to secure your virtual seat for a major upgrade in customer experience. Broadcast live from New York City. This is a global event with three broadcasts over 24 hours. Select the broadcast time that suits your location best.
• Wasabi hosts “Veeam’s 2023 Ransomware Report and Your Choice of Cloud Storage (Hint: Wasabi).” According to Veeam’s 2023 Data Protection Trends Report, 85 percent of organisations suffered at least one cyberattack in the preceding twelve months. Additionally, Veeam’s recent Ransomware Trends survey of 1,200 unbiased IT leaders declared that 80 percent of victims paid the ransom, but many still could not recover. In this incredibly informative session, we’ll talk with Dave Russell, VP of enterprise strategy with Veeam, and discuss the key takeaways from the report.
• Adobe presents “Acrobat Sign 101: Getting Started.” Globally distributed teams and increasing digital transformation mean that business is moving faster than ever, but it still gets done with documents. And those documents need to be signed — without slowing down your business. Join this webinar to get a practical introduction to the intuitive e-signature tool that accelerates workflows and boosts efficiency at every touchpoint.
• Fortinet hosts “Is Zero Trust Right for OT, Right Now?” Digital transformation has allowed businesses of all varieties to expand and take advantage of connectivity and remote access, with OT environments included. The difference for OT versus the masses – Many previously air-gapped systems are colliding with the internet creating security and production risks, exposing vulnerabilities and creating opportunities for bad actors. So, what happens with this absolute need to shift from a legacy implied trust model to a zero-trust (ZT) model? And how can this be implemented seamlessly across and within critical infrastructures?
• Slalom’s “Generative AI Unleashed” event asks: are you prepared for the industrial revolution of the knowledge worker? Join Slalom at the Petersen Automotive Museum for a hands-on event to explore, learn, and embrace the possibilities of Generative AI. Together with our Slalom experts and other business and technology leaders, you will hear about the potential of GenAI and explore what’s possible for your organisation.
• MicroStrategy hosts the “AI/BI Launch at Asia Pacific User Group” event to preview the biggest update to MicroStrategy ONE that will completely transform how you work with data. The company is adding Generative AI capabilities to MicroStrategy ONE, a game-changer.
• Several top minds in the media and entertainment space will gather Oct. 6 for a one-hour panel covering perhaps the most crucial question the industry is facing today: what, exactly, are we to do with artificial intelligence?
Presented by Women in Technology Hollywood (WiTH), the Connection Corner webinar — “Practical AI: Things You Wish You Already Knew about Artificial Intelligence” — will provide a practical introduction to the world of AI, touching on key leadership issues around ethics, trust, security, DEI and the socioeconomic impacts and potential business opportunities stemming from the technology.
What are the most important steps to take right now to achieve maximum benefits from AI responsibly? How can companies stay competitive in AI while keeping data secure? How can AI align with or even enhance our DEI goals? And how can we move past fear to create new opportunities in AI where everyone wins?
The presentation will introduce a practical framework for further exploration into the world of AI and serves as a prelude to further discussion at the Nov. 3 SoCal Women’s Leadership Summit in Los Angeles, which features breakout tracks that will deepen attendees’ understanding on each of these topics.
• Adobe Max kicks off in Los Angeles. Inspiration everywhere. Explore and play with new creative tools, network with other passionate creatives, and be inspired at every turn. Join in person or online. Celebrity keynotes, panels, and top creatives in design, photography, illustration, video, 3D, and more gather for this annual event.