Connection Corner Replay: Skill Up on Cloud Computing
Join us for a panel discussion with cloud computing experts from the major cloud computing providers to learn how to skill up in this high profile area. Discussion will include:
- Cloud computing concepts
- Free resources to develop your cloud computing skills
- Certifications that will give you the most bang for your buck.
Since the decision of cloud platform tends to be a choice made by your company, this panel is intended to provide you information to help you skill up for current or future employers.
- Eliot Sakhartov, Microsoft
- Dr. Jose Cross, IBM
- Tiffany Powell, Google
Facilitated by Iseabail Lane
- Cloud is a natural evolution of platform technology, and in some regards, a shift back to the days of centralized computing
- Cloud adjacent roles are similar to or the same as roles for on-premise roles, such as project managers, UI/UX design, DBA, testing.
- Shortage of tech talent means opportunities area available for those who show a predisposition to become lifelong learners.
- “Don’t get soggy” — Catherine Hepburn
- Google: http://cloud.google.com and select “Getting Started”
- Microsoft: https://accelerateamerica.event.microsoft.com
- Microsoft: https://opportunity.linkedin.com/skills-for-in-demand-jobs
- Video recording: Skill Up on Cloud Computing from MESA on Vimeo.